Including soy foods in your diet is a great way to increase your plant protein intake. While numerous people swear by meat and eggs, a large number of people have been shifting to a plant-based diet. It can be tricky to have a diverse range of vegetarian and especially vegan sources of protein, essential minerals and vitamins, too . While chickpeas, lentils and nutritional yeast are some great sources of protein, soy foods such as tofu, tempeh, edamame and soya snacks like Promunch are some of the richest sources of plant-based protein.
Soy/ Soya foods are made from soybean which is a legume.
- Research shows that having more plant-based protein in your diet as opposed to more carbohydrates can lower blood pressure and has cardiovascular benefits.
- Soy foods are low in saturated fat as opposed to protein from animals which contains high levels of saturated fats and dietary cholesterol. Soy foods are also naturally cholesterol-free.
- Soy-based foods such as Promunch is a great way to improve your fiber intake. Fiber encourages a healthy gastrointestinal system. Promunch is available in 3 delicious flavours and makes for a tasty and healthy snack.
- Soy foods are also a good source of polyunsaturated fat which has a range of heart health benefits. They contain omega-3 fats.
- Soy foods like Promunch also contain a range of vitamins and minerals such as B-vitamins, iron, zinc and antioxidants.
- They are a good source of phytochemicals which are called isoflavones.
Promunch is a snack that embodies all of the above and tastes great too!